- What is hazard recognition?
- Why is it important?
- Your responsibilities for hazard recognition
Identifying Potential Hazards
- Learn how to identify the potential hazards that often lead to common causes of injuries and illnesses in the workplace
- Contact with objects and equipment
- Overexertion, including improper lifting
- Harmful substances and environments
Inspecting Your Work Area
- The importance of a workplace inspection
- Skills and techniques for inspecting your work area
- Specific potential hazards to look for during the inspection.
- The importance of reporting hazards
- Reporting and recordkeeping procedures
- Your role and your employer’s role in reporting hazards